Wednesday, May 7, 2008

News of late...

So life on the homefront has been pretty busy lately. The two and a half year old is ever-strengthening her campaign for independence/defiance. The one year old has become quite the firecracker...still sweet and cute as ever, but feisty! Last weekend, we all went to dinner for my bro's bday. I thought it would be a great photo op to have my brother pose with the two girls with TB up on a ledge overlooking a beautiful scenery. Normally, the words to come out of my mouth would have been, "Absolutely Not! Get her down from there immediately!" However, I threw my mothering skills aside in persuit of a great and ever-fleating picture of the girls. So instead, the words out of my mouth were, "Mom, let go of her hand because I don't want it in the picture...she's fine." Cut to about five seconds later, when TB falls backwards off the ledge (about 5 foot drop) into a mess of brush (thankfully that, rather than rocks). It was a major ordeal. She had thorns stuck all in her skin and hair, bleeding everywhere, and scared half to death! Needless to say, we were getting stares. I didn't take a pic of the injuries sustained due to not wanting to bring it up again with her...we're hoping that it's one of those memories she hears about, but doesn't remember. However, below is the moment right before she fell. Yes, I know...go ahead and give me the "Mother of the Year" award.

I did manage to get a couple of cute pics, though.


A couple of weekends ago, Blake and I were able to get away to Dallas by ourselves! We got to see some good friends of ours and attended a wedding of one of Blake's law school buddies. It was a nice break.

3 comments:

Beckie said...

I recently tried to get some cute pics outside which resulted in Maggie eating some dirt leftover in a watering can and lots of threats to Issy for cooperation. Pictures are worth a thousand words, but so are the memories of trying to get them.

Ricardo & Trenda said...

I agree with Beckie! Our last trip to Oklahoma was great, but Lexi just wanted to ride one of Papa's horses! For two weeks she kept asking so Uncle Heath took her and let her ride bear back with him next to her! I was so excited for her that I wanted to run back up to the house and get my camera. I got half way there and realized that I had the camera with me in the kaboda the entire time! Once I returned, I put my desires to take a picture aside and just watched in excitement for her and praying she wouldn't fall. (This was all in a matter of a minute.) That and my brother wouldn't let me take a pic. I probably would have scared the horse! What we wouldn't do for a memory!

queenfriday said...

OMG! I hope she's ok. Don't worry, I'm sure these things happen all the time.