I haven't blogged in quite a while...we've had some stuff going on and seemed to be super busy lately....having said that, you'd think there'd be a lot to blog about, but it seems I'm at a loss. So in the absence of good material, I thought I'd just muse about this time of year and some of the things we have going on, traditions, parties, etc.
SANTA
As mentioned in a previous blog, we are somewhat anti-Santa this year. It hasn't proved to be any problem, as Riley is young enough she doesn't know any different. Tyler Bree has thought of a way around the Santa topic because she still wants presents from him, but wants no business with asking him. The other day, she told me that she was going to tell Momsie to ask Santa for a guitar for her....I giggled at the creativeness to circumvent her adversion to the bearded guy.
CHRISTMAS GATHERINGS
Every year, we have at least five or six family Christmas's to attend...and somehow the way they're scheduled, we usually make it to each and every one. We've already had one, which was two weekends ago! I've already mailed out thank-you notes for gifts, yet still haven't mailed out our Christmas cards...seems kinda backwards!
TRADITIONS
One tradition we started a couple of years back is to get eachother (me and Blake are the only participants right now) an ornament that reflects something that happened in our lives that past year. Once the girls get participating in this, I foresee a separate tree just to hold all of these special ornaments! Speaking of tress, I am so grateful for a pre-lit tree! I know Blake is even more grateful, as that was his job anyway.
PICTURES
We took some family pictures the other week, however, our girls are just not at a good age for cooperating. Riley has started to really hate her picture being taken....which was T.B. just a few months ago. One of our friends who is really great at taking pics did ours. She was so flexible and patient! I'm so happy we got at least a few good ones!

1 comment:
I love the girls' bows. Did you make them? They are beautiful. Thanks for the card this year. Unfortunately I didn't get mine finished this year.
Post a Comment