Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Where has the time gone?

This past weekend, we had our 10 year high school reunion. Blake and I both graduated in 1999 from Hays High School, so this was our one and only reunion we have to go to (as opposed to other couples who have different schools, ages, etc). For the most part, it was a fun time. I was one of the organizers and it was nice to re-touch with those few people with whom I had lost contact. Friday night was at a place downtown Austin that we had reserved and Saturday night was a dinner at Camp Ben McCollough. I feel that in certain times of my life, I have to reevaluate my point of reference in terms of my thinking about myself and my life. I have found that my brain tends to sometimes still think I'm 21 and acts accordingly! But I digress....the past ten years since we've been in high school have flown by, yet we've had so many changes in our life! Where has the time gone?

Being pregnant with our third child, I've been slightly desensitized to the joy of preganancy as we've had a pretty busy life lately with our other two little ones. I'm already in my third trimester!!! Where has the time gone?

And finally, my baby girl is turning four next week. It brings tears to my eyes that her life on earth has been full of great experiences and memories so far, but a blurr to me at the same time. Where has the time gone???

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wait until she's getting ready to start high school! Sigh... Thanks for the reminder to enjoy the here and now though! :)