Friday, November 26, 2010

Gobble, Gobble, Eat, Eat

This year our Thanksgiving was different than all previous years. My cousin, Bobbie, moved away earlier 2010, so my side of the family had Thanksgiving last Saturday to accommodate them being in town then. This worked out great for my stomach. You see, usually we have to split our time and make it to both the Riley and Jansen Thanksgivings the same day....leaving me no choice but to eat a little bit at the first one to make sure I have enough room to enjoy the second Thanksgiving meal shortly after. This never plays out like I plan it, as I find myself feeling horidly full for the next 48 hours. Contrary to my husband, I do not have turkey, dressing, or pecan pie bias towards the cooking on my side of the family. My taste buds are in favor of any and all Thanksgiving food. Therefore, this year having just one meal at a time (spread out over a week) on which to gorge myself, worked out perfectly. Thank you, cousin.

We were in need of a family photo yesterday for our Christmas cards, and being that we all looked fairly decent, I went ahead and made the executive decision to go for it. Below is the best we got...not great, but with three kids who don't fancy picture-taking, I just can't be too picky. It will have to be in black and white to hide the non-coordinating colors. If only my kids would sit for a photographer without throwing hysterics....that's my Christmas wish.


All in all, it was a good holiday. It's nice to have Blake around for a few days and to get things done around the house. We're so very thankful for all that our family is blessed with. Here's to a great rest of the holiday season!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Cute picture!! We are used to having several Thanksgiving dinners to attend in a short time frame as well so I can relate to the full feeling for 48 hours! I missed my family this year, but it was nice to have only one dinner to attend. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Bobbie said...

YAY! So glad I could help:) Glad we got to spend some good QT while we were in TX!