Friends are such an important part (necessity) to one's well being, emotional health, and life in general. The best ones, of course, are the ones that you can be totally on the same page with no matter if you last talked the day prior or a year prior. I have probably five friends with which I can say that about...and I'm guessing I'm pretty lucky to have that many.
I have a group of girlfriends that are very special to me. For the past four-plus years, we have tried to get together for a girls night every month. At the beginning, the monthly schedule worked, but as we've had more kids, busier lives, etc....we try to get together whenever we can, which to me, makes it even more special when I get to hang out out with my special friends. We always try to go to a place that is either new or none of us have been to. I always look forward to it and know I will have a great time! We had one of these girls nights last night, and we spoke about how we make it a priority, and how we cannot believe we've made it a tradition of sorts for almost five years now.
Last night, we went to Hop Doddy's on South Congress. It's a unique, slightly upscale, burger joint with an interesting take on burgers, drinks, and fries. As we left, we realized that we "closed down the place" as we were the very last ones there. I will definitely go back.
2 comments:
So sweet! Had a blast with everyone, like always :) I'm so blessed to have such wonderful friends!
All 4 of you look beautiful! I will have to check that place out. Never even heard of it :)
Post a Comment