Thursday, February 17, 2011

Looks Can Be Deceiving

I hosted bookclub last night.  As a result, is the following:

Take a look...take a GOOOOOD look
























Even though these pictures might
resemble our home, it most surely is not.

It's just a poser.

This poser pops up it's tidy little head whenever we have company over.  You see, in reality, there should be toys strewn everywhere, random clothes cluttering the furniture, and art graffiti tagged in the kitchen.

Even though this impostor of a home rarely visits, it is really good at temporarily relieving stress over a messy house...however fleeting that relief may be.  As any parent of small children knows, trying constantly to keep a house resembling the pictures above is a losing battle and utterly futile.

For now, and the next thirty minutes, I'll revel in this facade that I keep a clean home.  After that, well....I'll allow this poser to go back to it's dirty antics.

Little does my house know, in order to achieve harmonious cleanliness, all I have to do is simply invite people over....that will do the trick every time.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Amen to this post!!! I have been inviting people over every week for 2011, in an effort to reach my goal of having a clean house more than a messy house this year!