Tuesday, June 21, 2011

June Who?

It's almost the end of June and I have no earthly idea where it went....that goes for May, as well, for that matter.

If I blink too slowly, I'll be thirty and my eldest will be starting kindergarten tomorrow!

I'm aware that having a newborn has something to do with the time flying, but I want to actually be able to remember this summer, rather than it be just a blur in my mind's eye.

I'm really not ready for my baby girl to start school.  Although, having one less child in the house is an attractive idea....it still doesn't outweigh the feelings of worry, anxiety and emptiness I am anticipating once she begins school.  That's a little dramatic, I know, but once she starts....then the next one will start the following year....and so on.  Before I know it, it's just going to be me and Chewie here at home staring at each other.

As for this summer, I want it to slow down.

And for it to rain...so that it won't feel like I'm sticking my head in the oven every time I step outside.

And as long as I'm outlining my demands for summer....a nice little beach trip for the finale would be swell.  Maybe in September...when it's still hot as Hades.

I need to move to Maine.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Well you got one of your wishes at least. :) I know how you feel. . .time is flying! Everett starts Kindergarten this year and I'd like to say that it's easier the second time around but it just isn't. The anxiety is already killing me! You'll get through it though, and it is nice to be down a kid during the day. It makes the rest of the day with them that much more special. Good luck soaking in your summer!

The Quinns said...

Summer just started here in Utah, it's been cold until about 3 weeks ago. You could just move here :) We would welcome you with open arms! Although there is no beach... I can't believe how time has flown though and you've had your baby! He's adorable by the way. Miss you!