The past three days have been unprecedented.
I don't even know what day it is.
I haven't seen three of my children for 48 hours.
My sleep reserves are almost totally depleted.
But....
I have a full and thankful heart.
Our little man had a scary high temperature along with some other concerning symptoms, landing him in the ER at Dell Children's Hospital a few days ago.
He had even scarier stuff done to him...basically all the pokes and prods one can imagine.
Thankfully, today the doctors figured out what the problem was and he was released to go home.
Being in a children's hospital is such a reality check. Even though at first we had no idea how serious our child's condition was, after it was under control, our thoughts led to all the other kids suffering there, often on a continual basis.
We heard the following exchange between two little ones just outside our hospital room door: "Oh, Hi! What room are you in this time?" It's heartbreaking.
I am SO grateful for the blessing that our son will be okay.
I have promised myself that I will never take for granted my children's health, because it most certainly is not an assumed right we have...
But instead, a huge blessing from God.



3 comments:
Oh, I just want to snuggle that little man! (But I won't until I'm good and healthy myself!) So glad that they got it all figured out and that you're home. Blessings indeed.
So sorry that happened to you.
Oh my goodness Kristen, he is sooooo adorable!! I'm happy to hear that he's okay.
It was fun running into Riley at BJ's. She recognized me immediately! I guess we'll be nursery bff's forever.
Post a Comment