Saturday, August 6, 2011

Pioneer Day Celebration

A couple of weeks ago, we went out to Texas Old Town for a Pioneer Day celebration.  There was lots of fun stuff for the family...cotton candy, snow cones, face painting, a live band, BBQ, you name it.

But, it was scorching.

I was fully soaked through my clothes by the time we got done with the cotton candy line...which was very popular (read: long).






We didn't stay for the fireworks show, but we did get to see a cool performance of "Amazing Grace" by a bag pipe playing police officer.  Pretty cool, huh?

The is our second year of attending.  I'm thinking positive thoughts for next summer...

That we will be able to more fully enjoy it because it will NOT be this hot next summer.

It WILL not.

IT will not.

It will NOT.

You hear me, Mother Nature?!?

1 comment:

Maren and Dustin said...

I"m with you on the hot stuff! But alas, we live where we live, and I'm afraid it will probably not be much different next year! And that cotton candy line was stifiling! I was sweating like a pig, and I didn't have a baby strapped to me!