We have yet another thumb-sucker.
If you're keeping track, this makes our third kid to prefer the digits over the paci.
Our oldest loved her paci, and would probably still have it, if we had not taken it away when she was five months old. The best parenting we've done to this date.
There are definitely pros and cons though...
Pros being that they can't lose a thumb and it is always right there with them. How convenient.
Cons being that you hear of parents using every trick in the book from bandages to hot sauce on thumbs to break the habit....so I'm guessing that will be a battle we'll get to fight three times.
I still haven't totally given up on the paci for him. He likes it, but can't keep the darn thing in his mouth! How hard can it be?
I was most certainly not a thumb-sucker. When it was time to get rid of my "nuk", my grandmother walked me over to the trash can and ordered me to throw it away since I had become a "big girl". I had then grown too mature in my sucking reflex for a frivolous pacifier.
So they must get the thumb-sucking from their daddy...
Along with their looks, their weaker immune systems, and those dark brown eyes.
Seriously! Can not ONE of my children take after me in the eye color department!?


2 comments:
You DO know that brown eye color is a dominant gene, right? Although I have some nieces/nephews in the same family who have both brown and blue eyes. Maybe you should try for one more baby and see if you get one. :)
It's not fair is it?! I'm hoping #4 for us, will be my identical twin!
Post a Comment