Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Mommy and Daughter Trip

Yes, from the title you can see that I'm one of the few that still call their mother "Mommy." This past week, my mom and I went on a five-day trip to upstate New York and Canada....which she totally surprised me with about a month back. We went to visit several important and very special places dealing with our church history in Palmyra, NY. It was a wonderful experience to feel the spirit so strongly and to be able to see it all with my mom. We stayed in this darling B&B is Canadaigua, NY that made us feel like we were in the English countryside. We next went to Niagara Falls on both the American and Canada side. We did the boat that takes you right up to the falls...I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! Since the falls can't be seen very well from the American side, Canada is the place to be. Not only is it a better view, but it definitely built around the falls in terms of tourism. Frankly, the American side was quite embarrassing...the things they had to offer were ghetto to say the least. Canada was amazing! The view from our hotel room alone was perfect! We got spa treatments one day and also went to a picturesque little town on Lake Ontario about 25 miles away. Our trip couldn't have gone better...and there was lots of room for it to go south...for example: I didn't have my birth certificate or passport to cross the border, only a sad little piece of paper with my baby footprints on it and they let us across with no questions!...we drove everywhere and never got lost, thanks to gps....my mom and I never one got irritated or annoyed with one another...the weather was ideal-clear and 65 degrees every single day...the list could go on, but it just makes me so grateful for it going off without a hitch. I am so thankful for the relationship I have with my mother and the wonderful memories we made. Thank you Mommy!!!!
The Christus in the Hill Cumorah visitor center

Me and Mommy

The Horseshoe Falls-Canadian side

Our B&B

The Sacred Grove

The Joseph Smith family farm


4 comments:

The Gath Family said...

Yall are so cute! I'm so glad you had a good trip. It looks fantastic!

Maren and Dustin said...

Awesome pictures! I'm seriously jealous. (And to have a good husband who would keep your kids alive the whole time- you've got to tell me your secret!) :) Glad you had fun and glad you're back.

Maren

Beckie said...

Jon and I went with mu brother and his girlfriend two years ago during the pageant. We stayed right above the Canadian Falls too! It was amazing. I am so glad you had fun.

queenfriday said...

Looks like fun! I love that you call her mommy!