Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Historic Day
All political views aside, I thought I'd muse a bit on my thoughts today. As our country's first African-American president is sworn in, it's interesting to contemplate what a mark this day and the following era will leave in our country's (and world's) history. Althought I can't quite wrap my mind around the significance of it all, I am aware that there will be a huge impact in history books, attitudes, culture, etc. in the future. My generation has not lived in a time such as this, unlike my parents and grandparents...who saw and lived through times such as the New Deal, end of segregation, beginning of space exploration, technology, etc. I think it's prudent to take a minute to appreciate the times in which we're living for what it's worth. We're very blessed to live in a free country that enjoys such liberties and comforts of living, which most of the world does not. Our children and grandchildren might someday ask us to recall our feelings about today, and regardless how one feels about our new president or politics in general, we should reflect on the historical significance of it and how it will possibly affect future generations to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment