We took the girls to the Austin Zoo this past weekend. It's a great place for young kids....cheap, easy, and not so commercial as some. Also, ALL of the animals were out and very close. In fact, one the the Jaguars charged me....if that's what you call it. It got irritated with the other one and then looked straight at me and ran towards me. Luckily the fence was between us because he sure was testing it out to see if it would hold him back from me. Tyler Bree split the heck out of there! She was like-"I'm out!" We also had a tiger spray us....nice. The girls enjoyed riding the train and feeding the animals, as well.
We were so proud of Tyler Bree for being brave and feeding this deer!

Lions...again, Tyler Bree felt a little too close I guess.

Black Bear, Blake, and the girls
6 comments:
That looks like so much fun! I love that zoo...we haven't been in a while, so maybe it's time to go again:)
Yeah for the zoo. I can not wait until it is warm enough to venture outside.
never been to the austin zoo. where is it?
I've heard Austin has a zoo, but I have no idea where it is. Sounds like fun...except for the animals attacking you!
The Zoo is out on 290 heading towards Dripping Springs. If you take Slaughter until it T's, take a right, then a left when that road T's...then you'll be on 290 right by the Pinnacle. A few miles down on the right, there is a sign for it.
I've been to that zoo, the San Antonio zoo and about ten others in the US and have NEVER been charged by one cat and sprayed by another!!! You guys are LUCKY!! haha My kids would LOVE to have some sort of fun experience like that at the zoo! Too cool!
Post a Comment