Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Good Ol' St. Nick

I'd like to begin by saying that I've never taken all of my children to the mall at the same time.

I'm not suicidal.

Sure, when there were just two of them, we'd make occasional excursions, however, three is a whole different ball game. With the help of their father meeting us there, it was a big success! After we fulfilled our purpose of going to the mall (Santa), we played a little by riding the elevator and escalators. I'm sure those people pointing at us thought, "Look at those silly country folk that never get to go to a big city mall!"

In reality, they were all behaving well, so we figured, heck, why not? The oldest pulled the funniest stunt I have seen in a long time, by accident of course. We were getting on the down escalator and she totally did the "Buddy the Elf" splits. I laughed so hard. We had to go up and down a few more times so she could get the hang of the entering and exiting of those tricky, moving stairs.

On to the main story.

The Santa pictures were a success! The middle one did not want to go and informed me that if I was going to make her take a picture with you-know-who, that she was just going to stand beside him and NOT on his lap.

I was okay with that.

The baby cried the instant she got on his lap....typical amateur.

And this is what we got:


This one is my favorite though. I think I'll have to find a good frame for it, although I wish I could somehow photo shop the other sister in. Getting three to look, smile, and hold still for a picture is a feat I have yet to master.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

4 comments:

Maren and Dustin said...

SO cute! I particularly love the giant adorable bows in the girls' hair!

Amanda said...

A good picture with Santa always includes a crying baby!

Bobbie said...

Trust me, I hear ya! Going from 2 to 3 is a HUGE change for pictures! The weird thing is that only one of the boys cried (John David)...but I agree, kind of a must for a good Santa pic:) Just wait til next year!!!

Lindsay G said...

Just finally caught up on some blogs and read your last 3. All of the pictures are adorable!! xoxo