
I have never once in my life felt any lack of love from my parents. I know that some people cannot say that, and I know how blessed I am to have such parents. It's easy to take parents for granted at any stage of life one's in. As I've grown, I have appreciated them more. I'm not sure, though, that I've truly been touched by their love and devotion as much as I was yesterday.
Without going into details, I was home with the baby and had a desperate need for my mother to come over quickly. Not only did she come right away, but my dad beat her here in his own car. They stayed with me throughout the day, cleaned the house, took care of my children, provided dinner, and at my many attempts to send them home, refused. I know this may sound like something any parent would do for their children, but I felt so loved and comforted by their presence so strongly unlike any time I can remember before. Of course, it took their leaving for me to fully recognize this.
I want to express my deep love and gratitude for them. Not only for yesterday, but throughout my whole life, they have been such a constant anchor for me. I feel like a child still at times when I think what in the world I would do without them....and truthfully, I have no idea.
I love you Mommy and Daddy.
Without going into details, I was home with the baby and had a desperate need for my mother to come over quickly. Not only did she come right away, but my dad beat her here in his own car. They stayed with me throughout the day, cleaned the house, took care of my children, provided dinner, and at my many attempts to send them home, refused. I know this may sound like something any parent would do for their children, but I felt so loved and comforted by their presence so strongly unlike any time I can remember before. Of course, it took their leaving for me to fully recognize this.
I want to express my deep love and gratitude for them. Not only for yesterday, but throughout my whole life, they have been such a constant anchor for me. I feel like a child still at times when I think what in the world I would do without them....and truthfully, I have no idea.
I love you Mommy and Daddy.
2 comments:
Parents are a wonderful blessing! Is everything okay??
Super sweet! And, a great picture of your parents as well. :)
Post a Comment