Lucky.
Blessed.
Healthy.
That's what our family has been over the past few months of fall/winter. Contrary to our many friends whose families have had non-relenting family sickness. I've secretly crossed my fingers that my thoughts of "thank goodness that's not us" or "we're the healthy family" would not jinx my family. It worked!
Until about a month ago.
I didn't balk at the two cases of croup that attacked and lingered as yucky colds. Nor did I flinch at the two ear infections (one inner, one outer) that invaded my little 3 year old's and 1 year old's ears.
Then Sunday night, it finally reared it's ugly head. You know what I'm talking about....
The Stomach Bug.
I've been consumed by laundry, marathon PBS cartoon watching, cloroxing, Pedialyte/Gatorade, more laundry, and trying to entertain a healthy but demanding one-year-old that is tired of our third uneventful day inside.
Each time we think it's easing up and they're getting better, it strikes again. Jeez!!! I guess this one can't fall in the "24 hour bug" category....which is about how long I thought all viruses lasted. That just goes to show how non-sick our family has been.....I don't even know how long these boogers last.
On the upside, three of us remain healthy. I'm crossing my fingers as we speak.....and closing one eye for extra measure.
2 comments:
I hope everyone is feeling better! That is no fun at all :(
Hope everyone is better!!
Post a Comment