This is me and Melody.
We look pretty hot, huh?
Yes, that IS a vintage NKOTB shirt she is wearing. She's just cool like that.
Mel and I have know each other since childhood.....we can't really remember, but mostly likely our friendship originated circa 1986. We've basically grown up together. Memories of her are too many to even remember, much less count.
Some of them root themselves in our history together of our competitive jump rope team "Rattle Your Heart", cheerleading in high school, living together in college, weddings, babies and everything in between. She is one of the few people who appear in my dreams so often that I know she's a permanent fixture in my subconscious.
Here she is with my baby around this time last year. It makes me heartsick to think the past year of my baby's life has gone by so quickly. Tear.
My girls love her and my middle one pronounces her name "Melly." They get jealous when I see her and they don't get to.
She recently had her first little precious baby.
It's so neat being able to witness Mel experiencing motherhood and how natural she is as a new mommy. Her baby is pretty darn cute, too.
Life-long friends like her are absolute treasures, and having one makes my life brighter. I love you, Mel!


1 comment:
Hey Sis,
So I just read the most recent page of your blogs--entertaining! I didn't know you were such a good writer. It looks like I have many pages to catch up on! Love you.
Post a Comment