Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter 2011

This Easter was fun, relaxing, and enjoyable.

We celebrated with Blake's family on Saturday.





We decided that the girls were getting enough candy from other outlets, so we did a small money egg hunt for them here at home.  This added perk upped the competitiveness a little bit...or maybe I just imagined it.
 See the intensity?
 "Can we count our money now?"
Church on Easter Sunday is always a little bit more special, as we all have the significant meaning of the holiday more in the forefront of our minds.

My mom got the girls these darling matching dresses.  I love the classic style of them.
As usual, we went to my parents' house for dinner, and enjoyed the company of our extended family as well.

And the girls had their third egg hunt.  You'd think they'd be "so over" all the candy, gifts, and excitement...evidently not.

It believe it will be a life-long struggle of mine to get my kids to take "normal" pictures....the silly goofs.
Sunday evening on the way home, we felt very blessed as parents to answer some questions the girls had about Christ and the events that center around Easter.  Even though the Atonement and resurrection are difficult concepts to understand for a child (and even sometimes as an adult), I think we were able to convey the spirit of Easter to them and how special Jesus is in our lives.  It reminds me that those little talks, whether they are spontaneous in the car or a sit-down discussion, should be more frequent as we strive to teach our children the gospel of Jesus Christ and how to be more like Him.

1 comment:

Maren and Dustin said...

I'll have to tell you about the awesome FHE we did last week. It was fun and teachable. And I LOVE Riley's face in that last picture!