Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Emperor's (of the household, that is) New Shoes

It was a long time coming.

We've tried before to remedy this problem.

Unfortunately, the said remedy didn't fit well.

How did it get this bad?

I'll tell you how.

When he first got his job almost five years ago, he bought two pairs....one black, one brown.

In the passing years, the brown have got much more wear, and consequently suffered.
Just wait....

The insides are even more repulsive.
Why yes, that IS mold.  Makes you hungry, doesn't it?

In addition to the mere appearance of these shoes, the heels also made clicking noises when walking as they flopped on and off.  Nice.

I finally put my better-shoe-wearing foot down and took the hubs to get some new rides.  It was time.

(I understand that many individuals would love to have shoes no matter what the condition...and I hope this does not come across as insensitive to those people.  I plan to donate them in the near future.)

We went through several potential candidates, but he settled on ones almost identical to their predecessors.

Ta-Da!
I am thankful that he allowed me to "make" him get this new pair, as he never gets himself any new items of wardrobe.

It also had to do with the fact that I was slightly concerned the mold could cause some health issues....even if it was under socks and several feet (no pun intended) away from his nose.

Now that I have this taken care of, I'll have to chew on my next make-over project for the Mister.....

Oh, who am I kidding?

I like him fine just as he is.

2 comments:

Maren and Dustin said...

My hubs would be jealous. He loves getting new shoes.

Bobbie said...

I just picked up 2 pair of Sam's work shoes from the cobbler...$80! They both needed new heels. Sam is so hard on his shoes, that he just wears right through the heel!