Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Countdown

Anticipating the birth of our first son, there are lots of things that I can't wait to do with him.

It hasn't been intentional that my thoughts about having a boy are so different.  Actually, I've always thought that a parent should raise and treat a son the same as a daughter (with the exception of a few situations).

However, at the present, all I know is girls....I am an expert on girls.  Stay posted for my upcoming Q&A seminar titled "Girl Power-The Baby, Toddler and Preschool Years".

In reality, I know nothing about girls.  Or not as much as I'd like to think...especially being myself of that gender.

I think that's why mine are so challenging to parent.  Because when I think I have them and all their quirks figured out....BAM!...they throw a curve ball at me.

I've heard boys are more cuddly and adore their mommas.  Not that my girls don't love me, but they think their daddy is pretty darn awesome.  Also, none of them have really been ones to snuggle, no matter how much I try or beg or forcibly hold them on my lap, shush them, and stroke their hair.

So, the countdown has officially begun.

Well, there isn't really anything "official" about it.

I am just really ready for him to be here.

I'm ready not to be pregnant.  And I'm ready to wear regular, cute clothes.  And I'm ready to be able to sleep on my back and stomach again.  And I'm ready to smell that wonderful baby smell.  And sushi....oysters....I could go on and on...

In this last month of my final pregnancy, I am trying not to dwell on what I'm "ready" for, but instead, cherish and commit to memory how special it is to carry another living being inside me.

Even though my body screams at me daily, I'm trying to shut it out, and enjoy my big tummy and getting to see it move on it's own as the little one kicks and flips.

I'm sure I'll miss being pregnant some day in the future.  I know my husband will.

For now, I'll try my best to enjoy the amazing miracle and journey called pregnancy.

And take advantage of my dwindling time of being a momma of three.

4 comments:

Maren and Dustin said...

Hey, enjoy those comfy maternity pants while Blake will still let you wear them! :) So excited for you, but I totally feel your pain. (8 months removed and it still seems a little too fresh!)

Ashlee said...

I hope your little man is a cuddle bug for you! Mine isn't so much anymore, but he use to be! I can't wait to hold him!!! I love new babies!

Bobbie said...

Ainsley was really snuggly, so I'm not really sure about that, but my boys definitely favor me so far:) I'm just SO excited for you to have both sexes!

queenfriday said...

Keaton LOVES his mommy and snuggles with me more than Eric and it really does make you feel like you are the best thing in the world. Can't wait to meet him!