As I blogged about here, it was TBD as to whether or not my thumb was green or brown.
Well, I am happy to report that it's really neither. I have done diddly squat with our garden. My male counterpart, however, has excelled at it.
We have harvested squash...
And spinach so far.
All the herbs are coming along nicely.
(Those are carrots in the middle.)
The tomatoes and the peppers have not made a showing yet, which concerns me a wee bit for two reasons:
One, besides the basil, those two were the plants to which I was most looking forward to eating and cooking.
And two, we are now wondering if something went wrong...i.e. too much water, too little water, too hot too early, etc.
Isn't gardening just a guessing game anyway?
What works with one variety in a certain year with a particular climate, may grow completely different with other variables.
My role in this year's gardening production has quickly settled into a supporting role at the most, an understudy role at the least. I put in my two cents and tell the Mister when I think the garden needs water....but besides that and some weed-picking, I've left it pretty much up to him and the girls.
My starring role is found in all the creative ways I plan to cook our plethora of squash.
"Jefe, would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?"
"A what?"
"A plethora."
"Oh yes, El Guapo. You have a plethora."
Sorry, couldn't help myself.
1 comment:
ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH???? haha!
If your tomatoes and peppers aren't up yet they likely wont be. Sorry. you may want to buy an already growning plant and transplant it. That's the best way for tomatoes.
Happy gardening!!!
Post a Comment