My kids' Mimi (my mother) has given them all their first baths.
I don't do baths. I won't.
Not even now with my older girls.
That's Daddy's job.
Except for occasional infant baths...only because I'm guilted into it and because my babies probably wouldn't get bathed otherwise.
So, with that being said, baby boy's one-week birthday came and went, and he still had not had his first bath. How dirty can he get really?
Finally, after holding out for a solid week and a half, I called my mother to see if she would be so kind as to come over to bathe him and allow me to take a much needed shower. Those stupid hormones have me sweating like a pig and don't even get me started on other areas of post-partum hygiene. (I had showered prior to this since he's been born, thank you very much.)
Thankfully, she obliged....after all, how could she NOT give him his first bath?
I got some cute pics, although my camera is flash-temperamental, leaving me with few good ones to choose from.
Stop it...quit doing that, Mimi!!!!
Oooh, that warm water feels nice on my bum.
Are you getting my close-up, Momma?
I'm cold. Please, Mimi, get some clothes on me!

2 comments:
So sweet! That's one good looking boy you got there! My mom also gave my boys their first baths too!
Well I'm glad you're keeping up on showers, even if Bennet isn't on his baths! :) Can your hubby teach mine to give my kids baths? It was the one thing he always SAID he would do when we had kids, and you can take a wild guess at who actually does it.
Post a Comment