Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Girl Time

Last weekend, I had planned to spend some one-on-one time with each of my two older girls.

They needed it.

I needed it.

It was time.

Over the past three weeks of the organized chaos of having a new baby in the house, (okay maybe not "organized" but definitely chaotic), I felt as though I hadn't had the chance to really give either one of them my full attention as much as I had intended/wanted to/should have/etc.

So I left it up to them what we would do.

The big one decided she wanted to scout out a new dress she was jonesin' for at Target.  I suggested that we might also do something along the lines of nails.  Just our luck, there's a nail salon right next door to Target!  Imagine the coincidence!
She was nervous at first, but after mulling it over during a walk through the nearby pet store, she decided that she did in fact want her toenails done.  Hallelujah!  Mine so desperately needed some attention, so I was thrilled to kill two birds with one stone!

My second female offspring is very different from her sister.  Her mommy date centered too around Target (can you tell this is a favorite place of theirs?), and around ice cream.  However, this stark contrast of priorities (food vs. nail maintenance) was no surprise to me.  At Amy's, she picked out blueberry ice cream topped with gummi bears and M&Ms.  She thought that was a pretty awesome combo.  We followed the much needed cold treat by some playground time and skipping around Target....literally.
We got looks.  I could have cared less.  I loved the opportunity to make a memory of acting silly in a public place with her.  Why not?

Our dates were a nice refresher for our individual relationships.  They are already planning our next ones.

Lucky for me, both of them are girls after their momma's heart.

Pedicures and ice cream...and alone time with my daughters...

A perfect Saturday.

3 comments:

The Liddells said...

I seriously love your girls! What a fun time to have with them. I'm sure they'll cherish the memory forever!

The Quinns said...

You guys are still adorable :)

Ashlee said...

I just want to eat them up!!! they are so cute!