Sleep around here lately has been scarce and fleeting.
For the adults at least.
This is the first of all of our babies that my hubby hasn't gotten up for the nighttime feedings to help....whether to change the diaper, rock back to sleep, or just to wake me up from a "dead to the world" sleep because I never heard the baby cry.
This one is different. Not only do I actually hear him and wake up on my own, but his daddy absolutely does not. Big sleep role reversal. We are both very heavy sleepers.
I don't blame him though. He has been swamped at work, requiring him to stay up until the wee hours of the morning working....and then rising before any of us to get into work early. I'm very proud of him for working so diligently lately, but his sleep is taking a hit.
So, with his little sleep due to working so much coupled with my lack of snooze due to a nursing baby that demands milk several times a night.....we are zombies much of the time.
Oh, and did I mention that our older children frequently wake their daddy up for unknown reasons around 2 or 3am, and our little pooch likes to decide he needs to use the outdoor facilities around that time as well?
Speaking of Chewie, this is him around 9:30am....after everyone in the house has been awake for a good 2 or 3 hours.
Still asleep.
He mocks me whenever I walk into the bedroom.
Oh, poor mommy...don't you just wish you could sleep all day like me?
I try to ignore him. That lazy dog. It's just not fair.
Yeah well, we'll see who has the last laugh we he finds himself sleeping somewhere else.
Muahahahaha.
My husband would be thrilled not to have dog hiney in his face when he sleeps or rank dog smell on our pillows and sheets.
Of course I'm exaggerating. He's such a sweet dog. We don't give him enough credit around here.
I just sometimes wish we could switch places in the mornings. Although, his methods of childcare would probably involve allowing my children to pee outside, eat dog food, and lick themselves (you know where).
No comments:
Post a Comment