That's code for I needed the kids to leave me alone, stop touching me for a bit, and get out of my hair.
That's when the light bulb of an idea came on as I looked out our back window.
"Hey girls....I think the garden needs some tending. Why don't y'all go cut some flowers and bring me a nice big bouquet?"
I should note that they have been shy to the outdoors lately....well, actually just our backyard. They claim it's too hot (which it is), and that our backyard is SO very boring (which it is not).
The two girls perked up at my suggestion and I swiftly ushered them outside with scissors in hand. They quickly assumed the roles of the "holder" and the "cutter."
As one can tell by their fashion choices of black dress shoes and cowboy boots, my daughters will perpetually be ahead of the fashion curve. Watch for this look on the runways in Spring 2015.
So, back to the Zinnias Gathering this bunch took the girls a good 30 minutes.
It gave me a good 20 minutes to "breathe"...
And then I decided they needed their picture taken, which ended my hiatus.
1 comment:
I was just thinking, "Hey, aren't you supposed to be getting some air while they're out there in the yard?" Hahahaha! I love their fashion choices, actually. :)
Post a Comment