I love American History.
It's a fairly recent interest of mine. Over the past couple of years, I've become somewhat fascinated by the founding of our country, the events surrounding it, etc. I try to soak in and learn more of all the details and exciting stories that somehow I did not know before.
It's also become apparent that I either did not pay much attention in school regarding the subject, or my teachers/professors were boring....take your pick.
Consequently, our country's birthday has become one of my favorite holidays.
Things I love about it include:
-Fireworks...I loooooovvveee fireworks!!!!!
-Patriotic music
-Honoring military
-Get togethers
-Fun and tasty food
-Red, white, and blue
-Flag flying
-Fireworks!!!
-Pride
-Husband has off work
Hearing patriotic songs and seeing images of troops reuniting with loved ones touches me more each passing year. I love it. And I love fireworks.
This year, we went to a little parade in the morning followed by some pool time with friends and dinner with my parents.
We normally go to the lake on the 4th, but with our little one being so fresh, we opted out this year and I'm so glad we did. It turned out to be a wonderful weekend of just our family spending quality time together. We were even able to see the only fireworks show around from the comfort of our sidewalk.
I love fireworks, by the way.
Happy Birthday America!
Watching the Red, White, and Buda parade
Waving to the firemen
Did you bring any snack for me, Momma?
Eating. Her favorite activity, pastime, hobby. Her life.
This pic just says "Summer" to me
Hanging out with the boys
Baby boy's first 4th of July








1 comment:
Could you really see the fireworks at your place? Love all the pictures…so cute!
Post a Comment