Monday, August 22, 2011

Never the Same Again

Our lives permanently changed today.

Life will never be the same again.

My baby, my oldest baby, started school today.


 After having a rough end to her pre-school year last spring, we were a little apprehensive as to how she would handle this big beginning and milestone.
 She was so very excited.  This morning, she requested that her Daddy be the one to take her to school (even though I REALLY wanted to)....little sister tagged along, too.

 There was no hesitation, no tears, not even hand holding...just confidence.
 We are so proud of her for being the strong and happy girl we know she is.
 I think her teacher will be great for her...very nurturing, but hopefully will challenge her as well.
When I picked her up from school, she broke down crying the minute she got in the car.

Because she didn't want to leave.

She was thrilled when I explained that she not only gets to go back tomorrow morning, but will continue to do so for the next thirteen-plus years.

We'll see if she still cries for the same reason when I pick her up from her first day of junior high...or high school.

Right.  Wishful thinking.

No comments: