Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Born a week apart

No birthday pictures (that I care to share)...however, Blake and I did celebrate our last birthday in our twenties this past two weeks. We had two nice get-together dinners with our families and were treated to dinner by some great friends. I'm hoping this time next year, I at least get told that I don't look a day older than 29! :)

Relating to birthdays, Blake and I were discussing how his parents were pressured by several other parents (whose boys were the same age) to start Blake a year later in school for the benefit of athletic success. (Evidently, it couldn't have mattered less, as Blake was one of the first to mature in his grade.) But we were speculating that if his parents had in fact held him back from starting school when he did, it's very likely that he and I wouldn't have associated...dated....married....had offspring...etc. Isn't it crazy to think how that one decision effected so many things down the line?

No comments: