Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday, Monday, So Good to Me

I got that song in my head and had to immediately download it....now it's on repeat as I type....and I sound fabulous singing it as loud as I can.

"Monday, One Day
Tuesday, Two Day
Wednesday, What Day?
Thursday, Third Day"

Anyone know what that quote is from?

For a Monday, today has been pretty okay for us.  And that's saying something.

I walked on the wild side today and took all three munchkies to my OB appointment with me.  I'm proud to say they did remarkable, considering the amount of blood they witnessed squirt from my arm.  The nurse had to draw quite a bit for various things (one being the glucose test-yuckity yuck!), and she had run out of her normal-size needles (sure, uh-huh), therefore having to use a larger one on me.  When she told my already nervous girls "not to look" and "this is going to be messy", the two older ones immediately covered their ears in panic.  Thanks, nurse.  My paranoid girls are so used to crying accompanying needles that their instincts kicked into gear.  Poor little dears. 

No, I did not cry....even though that dang needle was a HUGE sucker!

Also, on this usually trying day of the week, my little one decided to have a compliant, cheerful, and semi-less-demanding day (translation:  she took it easy on me).  It was a two-napper kind of day!

Finally, on this Monday, One Day, I can't seem to shake this kick I've been on of wanting a new dog.  I didn't get to see the Westminister Dog Show, but the dog that won....yep, I want one of those.  Bad.

Some day. 

Chewie is still going strong...well, he's only three, so of course he is.


Blake says we can't get another dog until Chewie passes away.  Especially this breed, as it would most likely eat him AND the cats....hmmmm, this is sounding like a better plan the more and more I think about it.  Is it bad that I'm already planning my current puppy's replacement? 

I just won't talk about it in front of the Chewster. 

I love my little shadow dog.  I hope he has a long and fruitful life. 

Maybe he'll like an overgrown, wire-haired friend in a couple of years. 

At least Chewie would know he's the prettier of the two.

2 comments:

Lindsay G said...

You are one brave mama!! Chewie is so super cute!! Is he a Westie?

Maren and Dustin said...

Joey from Friends!!!! Great show. Something must have been in the air, because I had an unusually nice Monday as well.