I really am losing it. I may have already lost it.
My normally organized, well-functioning organ between my ears is on the fritz. Thank goodness I have the preggo excuse, because otherwise, I'd definitely be concerned.
I've had a couple of mishaps lately that have raised my suspicions about the welfare of my brain, however, I will deter from those as one might question my parenting skills, and I definitely don't want that to lead down the wrong road.
The one I will share (which is mild comparatively), involves starting to potty-train my 15 month old. At least that's what I must have been subconsciously thinking Tuesday.
As we were about to leave to pick up the oldest from school, I changed the baby's diaper as usual and thought to myself, "Hmmm, these jeans aren't going up quite as easy as before....is she getting too big for them?" But at the very most, that was just a fleeting thought.
We got to the school and as I'm getting her out I see that she's totally wet. I proceed to ask the middle girl if she had given the baby a sippy cup or done something while I wasn't looking. Mind you, this was only a few sharp tones short of accusing her of doing this to her little sister. My questioning was adamantly answered with a "No" and I was baffled as to what could have gotten her this wet. Surely, she couldn't have leaked out of her diaper....I had just changed her 10 minutes prior!
As I lifted her out of the car seat, the only possible cause of this wet mess occurred to me. I swiftly pulled out the back of her jeans for a look, and sure enough, all I saw was a white, cute, bare hiney.
No wonder the jeans stuck as I pulled them up after "changing her diaper!" Poor thing must have been wondering what the heck was going on. It was a huge mess, not only on her and her clothes, but the entire car seat was soaked.
After a few incredulous minutes, I finally reached the laughing stage of my stupidity and lack of presence of mind. Boy, watch out world....if I'm like this now, who knows what another kid in the mix will do to me! Scary.
1 comment:
Heaven help us all. :)
Post a Comment