I usually try to recognize and truly appreciate life's "tender mercies" given to me by my Heavenly Father. I'm sure many slip by unnoticed. Or I chalk them up to coincidence. However they come, I can do a better job being thankful and expressing my gratitude for all the small blessings in my life.
Today, a tender mercy is all my children napping at the same time. (During which time I am writing this post. I should probably be doing a hundred other things, but I just don't feel like it.) I had a rough morning and this is the mindless break I really needed to regroup, take some deep breaths, and prepare myself for the rest of the day.
Or last week, when my preggo brain spaced on the time of a doctors appointment, the doctor made time for us and didn't make me feel guilty what so ever.
Or the other day, when my 16 month old stuck her hand in an unflushed toilet containing poop, I was able to get to her in time before her hand reached her mouth....another tender mercy.
When we were at Disney World, there was a late evening where the children were exhausted (as were we), and we had been walking for what seemed forever to the bus stop in order to catch the bus back to our resort. Up until this point, waiting for buses at the various parks had occupied a good chunk of our time, as there never seemed to be the right one. As we approached the bus stop with crying children and completely expired patience, our resort's bus was pulling up just in time. Blake and I looked at eachother and knew at that moment we needed to thank God for that wonderful tender mercy. It's laughable now to think how our evening would have played out had we waited and waited as usual for a bus.
Since that night, I have made a point to more fully recognize the small moments in my life, along with the big ones, in which He blesses me and my family.
2 comments:
I'm right there with you this morning. Thanks for the reminder of what I really need to be focusing on.
With Sam gone for a week, all 3 kids under the weather and missing their daddy, I really need to focus on the positive! Glad you got some quiet time for yourself!
Post a Comment