Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

Today was exactly what it was supposed to be....for our family at least.

We got things done around the house that I felt HAD to get done before the baby arrives, such as hanging stuff on the nursery walls, cleaning, laundry, etc.

The husband had the day off, but still worked quite a bit.  Luckily, he found the time to take a break and go to the pool with me and the girls.  Wait a minute.  That makes it sound like I would have gone alone with the girls if he hadn't stopped working.  That's not the case.  I'm not trying to do that in this heat with my achy, 9 month-pregnant body and three kids.  Rephrase:  We went to the pool as a family...period.

I was the sole photographer and was most content not to appear in any of the pics. It would have been inappropriate to photograph this mess of a body in a swimsuit.  I probably scared the other small children at the pool and gave them nightmares tonight.

On the lighter side, I did get some good shots of the three bathing beauties.  We figured this was probably the last outing we would have as a family of five.  (I plan to have the baby this week hopefully).
 We've observed lately that this little whipper-snapper is fearless.  I'll have her to thank for my future high blood pressure and nervous twitch.





After naps, we headed over to my parents' house for a scrumptious Memorial Day supper.  They had rare Alaskan salmon they brought home from their recent Seattle trip last week.  Yum.  This was accompanied by a rough guacamole of sorts, then grilled scallops with orange-cilantro relish, asparagus, salad, fruit.....etc.  For dessert, she made peach bread pudding with warm caramel sauce on top.  Double-yum.  My mother is a great cook.  Ya' hear that Mommy?  She knows she is.

We had a really great weekend together as a family.  I was able to sit back and enjoy our time together, rather than running through the list of "what-ifs" and "to-do's" surrounding our upcoming life changing event.

Happy Memorial Day!

2 comments:

Maren and Dustin said...

Glad you got to enjoy a little fun before the real work gets going! :) Good luck, I really hope you do have him this week. I hope to hear your good news soon (hint, hint, text me when he comes, will ya? :))

Bobbie said...

Ainsley has the same suit as TB:) Glad y'all got to enjoy good family time! Great pics!