Saturday, May 21, 2011

Recital 3.0

This year was our third year of dance recitals.  It has improved by leaps and bounds.  See here if you need a refresher on the first go round....not pretty.

This year was also the girls' first year at a new dance studio.  For the most part, it was the standard recital, except for a costume change.  I was again a stage mom, although this time, I basically just sat in the audience with the girls and that's it.  I made a mental note to not sign up for that again.  Besides, the girls did just fine without me.

We also stepped up hair and make-up a bit...you know....so everyone in the audience could better see their smiling faces.  After the dress rehearsal, we (me and the girls) decided we needed some brighter stage make-up than what I had, so I took them to Walgreens and let them pick out their own.  A very serious and thought-provoking procedure.  I totally understand how they felt....I can stand in front of the make-up aisle for a good twenty minutes before I can begin to narrow down what I want to get....and I'm a grown woman!

I think their favorite part was the thrill of feeling proud of themselves after each performance.  If you ask them, they'd probably say they liked the actual dancing the best, or as the younger one put it, "being on stage."
These few weeks leading up to the recital, I've been saying that the baby had to wait at least until afterwards to join our family.  Thankfully, he complied.  But now, he is free to arrive whenever his little heart desires.

I hope he knows I mean sooner than later.

1 comment:

Maren and Dustin said...

I thought they had cute costumes. Some that I've seen have not been as cute. Can't wait to hear when your little guy comes!