This will probably be one of several posts about our birthday celebrations. Actually, make that the second of several posts considering my previous post.
My in-laws treated us to a delicious dinner at a favorite place of ours, that always has wonderful food and exceptional service. I have never eaten a bad bite there.
This restaurant makes a big deal of special occasions....see candle?
And the birthday card? And the plate?This was a delicious bananas foster. You can just make out the flame if you look really close on the right-hand side. This dessert is my new favorite there.
My former favorite was their bread pudding, which tasted DE-VINE. No matter how full I was, I could devour the whole thing by myself...which was a feat considering it was the size of my baby's head. What can I say? I love to eat!
The chef decided to pull if off the menu about a year ago, but a little birdie told me a secret...that if I called to request the bread pudding 24 hours ahead of the time, the chef would accommodate and make it for me.
So, the last time we planned to go I was so proud of myself for remembering to call (I had forgotten several times before that), and my taste buds were already celebrating as I dialed the number. After I explained to the maitre'd our little secret, he proceeded to tell me that the chef no longer fulfills those requests. "Seriously!?!"
I guess the secret got out and he felt "inconvenienced" or "annoyed" or "too busy." Whatever. I would have paid multiple times what it's worth just for one last taste! I would have given my first born child! Okay, maybe just Chewie. Tear.
And we even had an unexpected bonus. My FIL found a pearl in an oyster. Happy Birthday to ME! Really, it's pretty tiny...but I bet I could string it. Or wear it as a nose ring.
Luckily, he didn't crack his tooth when he bit down on it. Our server asked the chef, and he said that had happened only once that he knew of in the course of his chefdom?....chefiteering?...cheffing?...Career.
Our dinner was fabulous and the company was even better. We both really enjoyed spending time with his family without interruptions from the wee ones.



1 comment:
What a bummer about your bread pudding! Glad you still found a yummy dessert to eat for your fun birthday evening!
Post a Comment